San Jose Medical Negligence Lawyer
Medical professionals are held to a higher standard of legal responsibility in terms of negligence than people in other fields. Medical negligence may be defined as any failure of a health care professional to provide a standard level of treatment or care by way of neglect, forgetting something, etc. Medical negligence is not typically used to describe poor medical care caused by intentional misconduct or a purposeful act;
medical malpractice is a more frequently used term to describe those types of cases.
A San Jose medical negligence lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group may be able to help if you or someone you know was the victim of negligence or neglect by any medical professional. We take on cases of this kind involving surgical injuries,
nursing errors, anesthesia malpractice, plastic surgery, dentistry, and much more.
For a free attorney consultation, call our offices at 800-670-8142. We take on cases throughout San Jose and the surrounding areas and accept calls at our toll free number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Fault in a San Jose Medical Negligence Claim
To establish fault in a medical negligence case, it must be proven that the defendant (the doctor or hospital against which a claim is filed) did not treat the patient according to established medical standards. This may be shown by determining whether the defendant treated the patient with as much care as another medical professional would have in the same situation. Some examples of medical negligence may include:
- Failing to note down treatment, symptoms or other information on the patient's chart.
- Not taking the time to conduct tests or take other action in order to properly diagnose a patient.
- Failing to properly monitor a patient during surgery.
- Improperly monitoring a patient in postoperative care.
- Failing to review a patient's medical history before making a diagnosis or starting treatment of some kind.
To learn more, contact a
San Jose medical negligence attorney
at our law firm today.